Here I am, one year later and in the same spot I was in last year; updating this blog, detailing my plight to lose weight and get fit. The only difference between then and now is that I'm taking full responsibility and accountability for my actions, or lack thereof, towards living a more healthy lifestyle. I've realized that in order for me to change and get the body and health that I deserve and flat out need, to life the long live that I want to life, I need to make some serious changes.
I'm gonna start off with a small goal and that goal is to make sure I get in at least one work out in a day. Regardless if it's one youtube workout or 50 squats and lunges, I promised myself that I need to be physically active every single day outside of walking and 'quality time' w/ my beau.
I'm determined to stay consistent this time because I know if I can't start now and be diligent that I will never be. It's time for all of my many excuses to go out the door and work on becoming a better more healthier person. Despite people's criticisms and ideas of what I'm doing, I've come to accept the fact that I'm not happy with my body and I've never been completely confident in it. The more I accept the fact that I can change the person I see in the mirror by working out and eating more healthily the more power I give myself towards making me the version of me I see in my mind.
My last weight loss/fitness journey ended poorly but to combat that I've decided to keep track of my progress via pictures because pictures, in this unfortunate case, don't lie. I'll be more inspired to work out knowing that I have to snap weekly update pictures.
I was going to close by saying that I hope this works this time but I have faith in my abilities and my sincerest yearning to let go of this "booty doo," "thunder thighs," and inability to walk briskly without feeling like I'm going to die! I'm ready and for the first time in my life, I truly believe that I can do it and that I will do it.
Stay tuned...

No comments:
Post a Comment